Friday, December 11, 2020

lightbulb

He turns the light on in the bathroom but nothing happens.

He walks back into the other room and says, “I think the bathroom light is out.”

“Oh, fuck,” she says.

“I can get lightbulbs tomorrow,” he says. “Or, I could take a lightbulb out of a different light and put it in the bathroom. It’s really dark.”

“I’m sure I can figure something out for tomorrow. Like, I could bring a lamp into the bathroom to shower.”

“If you’re okay with that,” he says. “Otherwise I’ll take the lightbulb out of my desk lamp and put it in the bathroom.”

“No, no, it’s fine,” she says.

“Am I stupid?” he asks. “Because I don’t keep lightbulbs in the house.”

“No, not at all. I mean, we did. We just ran out of them.”

“Yeah,” he says, “I should have bought more when I used the last one.”

“Not a big deal.”

“Do we go through lightbulbs faster than other people?”

“I don’t think so,” she says.

No comments:

Post a Comment

donald goines by calvin westra

 He wrote a book called Donald Goines by Calvin Westra. He made a simple website to help people buy it, by putting all the links to buy it o...