Friday, January 29, 2021

ceiling

 He lies in bed and is thirsty. He sees a mostly empty glass of water on his bedside table, next to several other totally empty glasses.

He reaches for the glass and takes a drink and realizes that it tastes a little weird and that there are small specks in the glass.

“Fuck,” he says and sits still and stares at the wall for a minute.

“Babe, I just drank this water and it’s got like specks of some shit in it. Like, what could that be?”

“Oh god,” she says. “I don’t know. Like particles from the ceiling maybe?”

“Oh fuck, did I drink ceiling?”

“Oh no, honey. I don’t know. Maybe it’s cat dandruff?”

“Fuck.”

They’re both quiet for a minute. He asks, “Do you think I’ll die from drinking ceiling?”

“I don’t think so,” she says.

“I would be so embarrassed if that’s how I died,” he said. “Drank ceiling.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

donald goines by calvin westra

 He wrote a book called Donald Goines by Calvin Westra. He made a simple website to help people buy it, by putting all the links to buy it o...