Friday, February 12, 2021

roads

 He is vacuuming when he discovers a text from Joe that says, “Call me when you can.” He calls Joe.

“Hey, can you do me a favor and call me when you’re finished tonight to let me know what the roads are like?”

“Sure,” he says. “I mean, we aren’t done until like two in the morning usually.”

“That’s fine,” Joe says. “I’m getting up at four anyway.

At the end of the night, he calls Joe from the campus and tells him about the roads. “Oh, and there is a lot of ice in front of the coffee shop and the academic center. Might want to have someone throw some salt down there as well.”

“Gotcha,” Joe says. “Are you home now?”

“No,” he says. “Still on campus.”

“Oh. I want to know what the roads in town are like.”

“Oh. My bad,” he says.

He and the other guy drive home and he drops the other guy off at his house and drives to his house and parks on the side yard and turns off the music in his car.

“Hey Joe, me again,” he says when he calls.

“Hey,” Joe says.

“Roads are pretty good. I mean, I have all wheel drive, but overall they aren’t really slick or anything. Pretty easy going.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Yep,” he says.

“Have a good night,” Joe says.

“Yep. You too, boss.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

donald goines by calvin westra

 He wrote a book called Donald Goines by Calvin Westra. He made a simple website to help people buy it, by putting all the links to buy it o...