Friday, April 2, 2021

mask

He parks in front of the gas station and gets out and walks in and walks straight to the cooler with the water and Gatorade.

“Wear a mask!” a lady shouts.

He turns around.

“I’m joking,” she says and he cannot determine if she was joking all along or if she is just joking now or if she is for some reason afraid of him.

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he says.

“No. No, it’s fine,” she says. She has a mask but it is only covering her chin.

“I have one in my car,” he says. “I can go get it if you’d like.”

“No, no, it’s fine,” she says again. She pays for her soda and her chips and she leaves.

He picks out a Fiji water and a lemon-lime Gatorade Zero and goes to the counter and pays the cashier who is also not wearing a mask.

No comments:

Post a Comment

donald goines by calvin westra

 He wrote a book called Donald Goines by Calvin Westra. He made a simple website to help people buy it, by putting all the links to buy it o...